Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

How often do you wear a helmet ?

Go down 
+4
Alan White
Flying Goose
Matt
DaveP
8 posters

On every ride
How often do you wear a helmet ? Poll_left60%How often do you wear a helmet ? Poll_right
 60% [ 3 ]
On-road only
How often do you wear a helmet ? Poll_left20%How often do you wear a helmet ? Poll_right
 20% [ 1 ]
Never
How often do you wear a helmet ? Poll_left20%How often do you wear a helmet ? Poll_right
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
DaveP
DaveP

How often do you wear a helmet ? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you wear a helmet ?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 am

How often do you wear a helmet ? Feel free to comment further !
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Matt
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Helmet Wearing   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Here's a subject that's had plenty of hammer! I have to say though, that anyone who doesn't wear a helmet when cycling off road (other than perhaps tootling along on a canal towpath), is a bit daft. Wearing a helmet certainly saved my bacon when I came a cropper on some tricky single track in Spain. I reckon it might have been a fractured skull without one. Also, the thought of my head connecting at speed with a tree always makes me cringe a bit - trees don't give! Look what damage they do to cars when hit at speed, never mind skulls! Yes.....helmets are a must off road in my opinion. And I always wear mine on road, because I'm use to wearing it off road.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Flying Goose
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: How often do you wear a helmet ?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 am

I only ever wear a helmet if it's a race requirement. I find them bulky and restrictive. I've come off may times throughout my career and have always been ok - tends to be the legs and arms that suffer

Life's too short to be uncomfortable ! I'll take my chances..... Until a law is passed.

FG
Back to top Go down
Alan White
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

PostSubject: Helmets, how often?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:47 am

Wear mine every time. Two reasons really, saved a broken skull on more than one occasion and puts money back into the economy every time I have to replace it. True altruism!!!
affraid
Back to top Go down
kevin hardman
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: How often do you wear a helmet ?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Administrator wrote:
How often do you wear a helmet ? Feel free to comment further !
do not wear a helmet when riding on my own on the road do when in groups or mountain biking
Back to top Go down
Broch Branch
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: HELMET   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:15 pm

NEVER
Back to top Go down
http://linda@balfourbudge.co.uk
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

PostSubject: Helmet's   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 am

Every single ride, even if just riding in our close with my daughter to set an example.

Recently a Judge reduced the amount of compensation a cyclist recieved due to him not wearing a helmet!! The judge stated that the cyclist was partly to blame for the severity of his injuries as he was not wearing a helmet.

Helmets no longer weigh as much as much as a bowling ball and the ventilation provided by some models are more than enough.

Some countries a little more forward thinking than ours have made them compulsary!

Off my soap box now! Matt
Back to top Go down
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

PostSubject: Re: How often do you wear a helmet ?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:21 am

Got to agree with Matt on this one. ( Although it hurts to say so ) Anyone who rides without a helmet has obviously never seen anyone come off a bike and hit solid tarmac. Nowadays there is no excuse. At the end of the day it shows how much you value your life. Having come off on a few occasions it has prevented further damage to my skull.
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

PostSubject: Helmets   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey Jim if it hurts when i'm right you must constantly be in pain, 6 days to your 50th affraid
Back to top Go down
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

PostSubject: Re: How often do you wear a helmet ?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Guess that makes you 43 ! You still aint gettin a card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you wear a helmet ?   How often do you wear a helmet ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1