Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Bike Maintenence Monday evening

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel
Peleton
Peleton

Bike Maintenence Monday evening Empty
PostSubject: Bike Maintenence Monday evening   Bike Maintenence Monday evening Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:46 am

Hamish has once again volunteered to pass on some of his knowledge where Bike maintenance is concerned.
Now you may know how to change a tube or adjust your gears,but doing it with cold hands in the poring rain at the side of road with people watching is a different matter entirely!
Efficient techniques and know how are the requirement here!
I know that those that have already taken advantage of the previous evenings have learned a great deal,and have been impressed with the efficiency of the techniques shown (myself included) and now have nicer running bikes Very Happy
So if you aren't a cycle mechanic,(or have such as partner) you might just learn something that will make your cycling more enjoyable and changing a tube less of a chore.
Or you could stay in and wonder what you missed!
I'm of to fettle me sprockles!
Hope to see you there!

1900 hrs
Back to top Go down
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

PostSubject: Re: Bike Maintenence Monday evening   Bike Maintenence Monday evening Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 am

maybe callum should go along !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bike Maintenence Monday evening   Bike Maintenence Monday evening Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanks Nigel and Hamish for today my A**E was twitching about my bike I really appreciate your help. I was never the quickest learner in the squad but i always was the last to leave a lesson and ended up teaching royalty how strip weapons so im sure with your guidance i will square myself away with bike maintenence. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Sunday ride and dive   Bike Maintenence Monday evening Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Could you teach me how to stay on my bike? Now there's a real challenge!! bounce Embarassed Mad
Hey, thanks to all for getting me over the top in not too many pieces!

The stains are out!
Back to top Go down
hamish
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: bike maintainance   Bike Maintenence Monday evening Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:11 pm

I enjoyed last nights maintainance session. It certainly gave the little grey cells some action solving some of the problems and provided some interesting answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike Maintenence Monday evening   Bike Maintenence Monday evening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike Maintenence Monday evening
Page 1 of 1