Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Help with a wee Bike

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Help with a wee Bike Empty
PostSubject: Help with a wee Bike   Help with a wee Bike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:47 am

Trying to get Emma sorted on her wee Bike kindly lent to Her by Gordon Lawrie. Problem is trying to find tubs for the bike 24" the only ones i can find are fifty quid. I am going to take the bike down to the Club on monday,maybe someone has a tub in a shed.
David Black started on this bike thirty years ago.
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

PostSubject: Help With a Wee Bike: Junior Racer Needs Regular Exercise.   Help with a wee Bike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Callum,

This sounds like the very same bike that Gordon kindly lent us for Lewis a wee while ago, when he started racing.

We found it impossible to get tubs in 24" despite loads of time trying, so it was eventually returned unused.

However, we may be able to help. Lewis's first racing bike, a 24"-wheel, 12-speed is now sitting in our bike shed, unused, as he has now outgrown it.

You're more than welcome to borrow it if you like, or we're open to offers if you'd like to purchase. It was only used for one season at the Tuesday League, plus a couple of local Tens. Excellent condition.

Regards,
Norrie & Moraig. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with a wee Bike   Help with a wee Bike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:12 am

Hi
I am willing to buy that bike from you, gordons bike is great but your right the tyres are proving a nightmare i am in the middle of fixing the tubular. If you give me a price i am sure it will be fine, i am sorting this out for my brother so he will be fitting the bill Cheers the now Callum
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

PostSubject: Re: Help with a wee Bike   Help with a wee Bike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 am

Callum,

Have you tried looking at 24x1 wheelchair tyres ? Shocked

Sounds a bit daft but most of the main tyre manufacturers make them and there's plenty of choice - pretty cheap too, compared with bike tyres. Otherwise try Isla bikes, I think they may still do a 24".

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with a wee Bike   Help with a wee Bike Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with a wee Bike
Page 1 of 1