Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Flying Goose
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Empty
PostSubject: Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:39 pm

What's the best / worst crash you've had on your bike ?

Here's mine :

Un-expectantly hitting a pot hole at an extremely high speed while going down a hill.

I was partially out of the saddle when it happened and at the point of impact, the seat went up into my groin area really hard. I must have blacked out for a split second but when I gain some senses I noticed I was heading into the direction of the pavement. I hit the curb and completely wiped out three female pedestrians with both my body and bike.

Broken wheel and some very angry & bruised ladies. This one end up with police filing reports….no charges were pressed because witness said that this was a common occurrence on that intersection with several other cyclists in the past week. Pot hole was filled a day later.

Beat That ! Laughing

FG
Back to top Go down
Matt
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Best crash   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:21 pm

I think my best/worst one to date was whilst mountain biking in Sierra Nevada, Southern Spain. A group of us were riding some very narrow, technical single-track not far from Granada.

As I descended down a steep, off-camber section in a gorge, on feathering the front brake the tyre squirmed to one side on the rim (another puncture! Not aware of) and I did an endo. In my desperation not to fall off the track and 20 foot or so down the gorge side onto rocks, I was flailing my arms about as I went over the bars. My chest was the first thing to hit the hard, compacted trail and then my 30lb, full suspension mountain bike landed on top of me! It smarted a little! Nothing serious though. Just winded and a bruised sternum/ribs for a couple of weeks. As far as MTB crashes go, very tame indeed! I'm hoping my luck holds out!

Matt
Back to top Go down
Oldcroc
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 2:19 am

not best but latest - saturday (on the back road used by club time trials in summer) on the ninety deg bend by farm - pothole on inside of bend gravel over rest of it - front wheel slid on gravel - grazed calf, hip elbow and shoulder - ripped jersey that Mum bought me last Christmas but bib knicks that got for this Christams and being worn for first time survived
Back to top Go down
Oldcroc
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 2:26 am

Worst is a close run thing between hitting pothole then a raised kerb and as my mate said "loop the loop and a half" - it was the half bit that did for me I guess. Chronic sprain of shoulder - needed an op a few years later and a trashed wheel and brakeset - buckled wheel that ripped calipers apart.

T'other one was riding across Weardale Moors - for came down at top of a descent, half way down the descent a sharp bend appeared out of fog- way too late for me to see - so I went straight on - my cyclo cross experiment lasted about 0.2 secsonds and was soon bouncing across the heather face down. Next thing I knew a passing motorist who'd seen me come off was picking me up and asking if I was okay - which miraculously I was and so was bike! Just as well as was over 20 miles from home!!
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:32 am

Oldcroc wrote:
not best but latest - saturday (on the back road used by club time trials in summer) on the ninety deg bend by farm - pothole on inside of bend gravel over rest of it - front wheel slid on gravel - grazed calf, hip elbow and shoulder - ripped jersey that Mum bought me last Christmas but bib knicks that got for this Christams and being worn for first time survived
Moray council were made aware of said huge pothole last year via the fill that hole facility on CTC web site! so you may well have some redress if you choose to contact them.May be worth the price of a postage stamp.
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

PostSubject: Balding Veteran Bins Coppi in Cycle Carnage Horror...   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:41 am

Hit a large patch of diesel on the double-bend at Edinkillie at the end of last week and seriously damaged the front-end of my beloved Coppi bike, leaving it completely unrideable. Crying or Very sad

Big thanks to my saviour, Steve, from Lossiemouth, who promptly bundled the oily wreckage and dazed rider into his brand new Merc and drove me home. There are still lots of decent motorists out there... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?   Worst / Best Crash You've Had ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst / Best Crash You've Had ?
Page 1 of 1