Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

GRANITE CITY RT 25-RACE REPORT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Broch Branch
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

GRANITE CITY RT 25-RACE REPORT Empty
PostSubject: GRANITE CITY RT 25-RACE REPORT   GRANITE CITY RT 25-RACE REPORT Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:48 am

Here goes. Got up feeling poor. Drove down in good time, went to Drumlithie Hall-no-one there.Checked paperwork-Fordoun Hall! Spotted riders and got (poor) directions-eventually spotted Carlos and Christine who also went to Drumlithie Hall! They gave me the relevant directions. Signed on etc-then watt meter packed up-but at least still had heart rate. Felt GRIM. Weather was WARM-18c,SUNNY AND LITTLE WIND!!! Started steady and thought all was well-but it wasn't.Rider after rider streamed past me. Finished with a 1:06:57. Not happy-even though it was a (comeback) P.B. Carlos won in 53:22 which is 28.1mph-WOW. Full result on Braveheart forum. Won £10 in a spot prize! Many thanks to Mark Higgins for a great event and good camaraderie.

Points of note-1 rider wore leg warmers and arm warmers! It was roasting!
- I am now on my 1st ever diet after bulging the scales at 11st13 lb.
-Allan Wright (ex G.S CORSA) turned up on a vintage Colnago art deco bike with Campag Record-that cheered me up a bit. LOVELY MACHINE.

More ramblings soon..........Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://linda@balfourbudge.co.uk

GRANITE CITY RT 25-RACE REPORT
Page 1 of 1