Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Broch Branch
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!) Empty
PostSubject: glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!)   glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:06 am

What a cracker of a morning,but as can be expected on a bonny day...my left eye had leaked(C.S.R),so I had horrendous eye pain.However,with results this year being so poor I thought,dammit i'm going out. 2hr 15 total with 1hr30 @tempo=even horrendous-er(sic) eye pain so a Zolmitriptan tab was necked before FORCING food down (as the eyes/head felt so bad).The lang legs were ok though,so winter bike now tested(vittoria zaffiro pro classic tyres-£8.99 fae Ribble get a thumbs up).Only saw 1 cyclist(another of the new breed who can barely be a*sed to wave/speak.What is it nowadays with a bit of courtesy to fellow cyclists? Even had to open the zips on jerseys with the warmth! Squeezed through 2 cars(drivers having a natter) on a hedge lined bend(1 facing normally and 1 parked ACROSS, yes,ACROSS the road-one of my infamous comments was left hanging in the air.......). A snooze on the settee with Buster(puss)and 1/2 watching I.C.T. being robbed by Partick Thistle and eventually the eye pain has subsided a bit. Recovery week over,let the nonsense commence again.Lovely Jubbly!

P.S. I read with total jealousy the Ross-shire Roads club run reports-which seem to be a total blast.That is what inspires me to type a few lines.
Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://linda@balfourbudge.co.uk
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

PostSubject: Clubrun.   glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:40 am

cheers Hi Pete, Read with mixed feelings your run report, we got out yesterday as well six of us mamaged a nice little34 miles at 16.5 mph. Nice to have Alana with us.
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Club Runs in the Orkneys   glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to take the bike up north for a week on a recent trip to the homeland. On arriving north in Kirkwall I discovered I had left my Helmet back in forest so I figured i could use the old woolly and get out on sunday and get some good training in so heres the weeks training report

Sun 9am weather cold 8 deg constant drizzle but no wind no helmet so canna cycle.
mon 9am same as above
Tues 9am same as above
wed 9am Thought about going to local bike shop to buy Helmet
Thurs 9am genuine reason for not cycling today. no helmet and weather poor
Fri weather good still no helmet so canna go!
Sat 70mm o rain wettest place in scotland 50 mph winds yep you guessed

glad to be back on mainland

Scottusa

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!)   glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

glorious morning/hideous eyeache(aka-solo broch clubrun!)
Page 1 of 1