Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveP
DaveP

Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Empty
PostSubject: Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am   Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 am

Anyone up for an off-road Shocked club run on Sunday morning ?

As it looks like the snow and ice may still be hanging around - Time to dig the mountain bike out from the back of your shed !!

Loop from the Dava Way, circuit of Sanquhar Woods through to Newtyle and up & round Loch Romach and back - @ 18miles - 2 Hour Ride.

Everyone welcome - It's mainly fireroads all the way, so MTB or CX bike will do just fine.

Steady pace with a couple of great descents.

Reply via forum - 09.30am outside the clubrooms.

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: sun   Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Dave

I will be there.

I was out today in culbin checking the paths and all seem to be clear. thinking of a wee leg spinner tommrow night if any body fancies it.

Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

PostSubject: Re: Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am   Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Would love to come out and play but gotta go away all weekend. Hope you guys have fun
Back to top Go down
nicknackmcnoo
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am   Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 am

Great men of the mountain biking fraternity,

At last we emerge out of the great freezer of life that has been our winter. No doubt you will have been on the turbo trainers just like the roadies?? No? well quite right too. Fitness and nerves of steel come from night mountain biking in Culbin in the Hillies affraid (right Ivan?), not on a turbo trainer in a room eating doughnuts. Sadly I'm running in the orienteering event in Darnaway on Sunday morning or I would have loved to have joined you. As for the future, I'm up for some more night workouts, however next week is impossible as I'm away for most of it.

Enjoy Romach.
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Night runs   Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:21 am

Good to hear you have survived the big freeze Nick

Every Thurs night I have been chomping at the bit to get out there on one occasion I switched of the lights put a buckled wheel on the rear of the bike place the turbo half way down the stair put the bike light on fullpower and peddelled flat out just to create the right effect.

Alas her in doors came in and the effect was gone in seconds women dont understand bikers!

Will look forward to getting the nighttime capers underway again?

Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am   Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off-Road Club Run - Sunday 07 February - 09.30am
Page 1 of 1