Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Junior run 27th Mar

Go down 
+3
Kate
Laura
Alan White
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan White
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Junior run 27th Mar Empty
PostSubject: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:59 am

Racing season starts in the north this weekend so, weather permitting, let's meet at the club at 09:30 for a good club run, perhaps last chance before the juniors are racing.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Laura
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:37 am

See you there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kate
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:07 pm

I'll be there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calum A
Peleton
Peleton
Calum A

PostSubject: Re: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:11 pm

If the weathsr is good i will be there
Back to top Go down
Calum A
Peleton
Peleton
Calum A

PostSubject: Can't come   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:15 am

Infortunately i can't come this morning, i had a cold yesterday and it has got considerably worse over night and I don't want to jepordise my holiday which i'm going on tommrrow. I will go on my turbo though as i will still be on holiday next week. Have fun today

Calum
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Junior Run   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

Great turn out today with 4 juniours and 5 adult riders setting off from forres in what looked like ideal conditions boy were we in for a shock, A real howler of a SW wind made conditions on the road very precarious with riders getting blown about all over the place, to thier credit the youngsters did thier turns at the front and were mature enough to get on to a wheel to recover.
Busy back roads meant the group had to single out quite often and again the youngsters coped with this with maturity,
the sprint into Nairn was foiled by some off the Old Codgers needing a comfort break however back on the road again the nine of us pressed on to Ardersier and with squally showers and wind rising it was a dream come true when we turned to head for the coffe stop at Broadly where a keenly fought sprint for the 30 signs took place not sure who took the spoils I was oot the back.
With riders fighting at broadley over the last Scone big Al proved the gentleman as ever and ended up with a Date Slice
every body in high spirts off we set again it did not take long to clear Nairn and return to Forres and the end of a great run in very difficult conditions juniours are maturing in to fine riders and I am sure they will be making thier prescence felt in Time Trials over the summer.
Also very good to see Calum F back on the road again and looking keen as ever.

Best regards
scottusa
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

PostSubject: Junior Run   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:15 pm

I vote scottusa for Chief Sports Writer on the Gazette. I'd buy it every week just for his report.

Date slice, indeed! Brilliant!

Norrie. Laughing

P.S. Great to have Calum F back in the bunch this week, regaling us at the coffee stop with tales of his army days and also showing the young pups how to sprint properly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Just Great to be able to get out on the the Bike again. I cant thank everyone enough for the support over the last eight months, still a long way to go but helping the young ones and watching them enjoy it makes it easy. I was Twenty stones at the start of January now down to seventeen and a half so still keeping away from the Califer. Look forward to Next Junior Run.

Great to see the Young ones enjoying the Runs
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

PostSubject: Re: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 am

Very Happy Great to see you back Calum, keep up the good work. Regards Peter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior run 27th Mar   Junior run 27th Mar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior run 27th Mar
Page 1 of 1