Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Club run tomorrow??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Peleton
Peleton

Club run tomorrow?? Empty
PostSubject: Club run tomorrow??   Club run tomorrow?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 am

Anyone going out tomorrow morning for the club run? David hasn't done his usual post, as he's in God's own County doing an MTB event in the Dales. 50 miles off road in the Yorkshire Dales on a 35lb full susser! Oh dear, it will end in tears! I doubt you'll see him alive again.

.....anyway, anyone going out tomorrow at 9.30?

Cheers

Matt B.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Peleton
Peleton

Club run tomorrow?? Empty
PostSubject: Club run report   Club run tomorrow?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 am

Well, the turn out for yesterday's club run was a little thin, but those who went (me) had a very good ride. Up the Grantown road, down past Logie steading, down to the bridge I forget the name of.....er... ... .straight on.........right.......left.......to near Dulsie Bridge, but taking the right for Drynachan, Drynachan, up and over the top - hit 45 mph without even trying on the undulating top road with STRONG tail wind - great fun! - down to Cawdor - almost written off by a clueless Sunday driver turning into Cawdor Castle! - tea and cake at the Village Green tea room at Cawdor in the sunshine, back on the usual road from Nairn to Forres. 42 miles. Back in plenty of time to watch Le Tour and the old dog Petacchi take the stage win after Cavendish forget how to ride a bike around a corner and crashed! Only rained for the first 20 minutes after leaving Forres, blue sky around Drynachan! Those of you not racing you should have cancelled the "big shop", etc and joined me......

Cheers

Matt B.
Back to top Go down

Club run tomorrow??
Page 1 of 1