Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

armstrong nt that serious

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

armstrong nt that serious Empty
PostSubject: armstrong nt that serious   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:48 pm

The boy cant be that serious he isnt down for the ronnie 10 or the apr on sunday
Back to top Go down
Oldcroc
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: armstrong nt that serious   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:20 am

Laughing proof indeed if it were needed - wonder how cyclingnew.com haven't picked up on that yet???
Back to top Go down
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Armstrong   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 am

NEW DEBATE

What are you guys thoughts on an Armstrong comeback???
is this a good thing or a bad thing for our sport?

Here are some of my thoughts.....
He says he will use cycling to raise awareness in the fight against cancer,good thing Very Happy Very Happy

his comeback will also bring even more media attention to cycling,good thing Very Happy

I dont think most pro riders will be too delighted though ,as average speeds in stage races have fallen dramatically since he retired.
For me this only proves that there are far less riders on the juice,or
blood doping now. Mad
His comeback could mean some riders feeling the pressure could fall back into bad habits. Mad

ive got loads more thoughs on this , lets here some of yours..

peter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oldcroc
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: armstrong nt that serious   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 am

Good thing the extra attention Smile

bad thing it stirs up a whole load of cynics Sad

Good to see a former succesful athlete return Smile

Not sure why he's doing it? Nothing to gain or prove and a lot to loose Question
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

PostSubject: Re: armstrong nt that serious   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 am

Good thing that he's back - for all concerned !

Good that he's a 'clean rider' and has probably been tested more than most and the publicity that he gives to the cancer charity.

However many of his team mates performed above their best eg .Heras, Hamilton, Landis. Whether their performances in these tours was artificial who knows?

Do you think he may have been aware of this but for the sake of 'team armstrong' and his victory - kept quiet ?

Though I'd like to think it was a case of him just being an exceptional rider Very Happy

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

PostSubject: Lance's Comeback - Yawn!   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:35 pm

We're fed up of hearing about Lance already - and he's not even starting racing until January 2009.

Have stopped buying cycling magazines for now - we learned all about him last time around.

Off now to get my copy of Runners' World!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
longtallrider
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: armstrong nt that serious   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:37 am

Most pros retire and learn how to drink and relax, next thing is the weight doubles and they balloon. Armstrong has been active throughout his retirement, mountainbiking, running etc. Last year he completed the New York marathon in sub 3 hours. (Doug Cowie probably wouldn't rate his time but for a bike rider I think it's pretty good)

He was always an exceptional rider from when he was a junior through being world champion at 21? and the small matter of a few tour wins. I think he is only putting his hat in the ring again because there are no other serious contenders. This years tour was good but a definate drop in speed. Got to remember that Armstrong always conserved energy followed wheels for as long as possible before delivering the coup de gras as late as possible, as well as being incredibly strong as a tester.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: armstrong nt that serious   armstrong nt that serious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

armstrong nt that serious
Page 1 of 1