Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Coaching Course - Let's have your input !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaveP
DaveP

Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Empty
PostSubject: Coaching Course - Let's have your input !   Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 am

At the monthly club meeting last night it was proposed that the club purchase a BCCA Coaching Course.

The course is a distance learning course in .pdf format (which means you study at home and it is downloaded and read on your computer Shocked ) and therefore one course can be e-mailed and passed on to all club members.

Personally, I think it would be of benefit the club and it's members.

Having qualified coaches can't be a bad thing ?

You don't have to sit the exams. it could be purely used as a training tool by club members, it covers such topics as :

Anatomy & Physiology
Fitness Training & Testing
Road & TT Training
Race Tactics
Mental Preparation
Equipment and Positioning Embarassed
First Aid etc.....

Here's the link to the website with further info : Association Of British Cycling Coaches Click the link 'Take a Course

The cost is 150.00 - Let me have your comments and we can discuss it at February's meeting.

Cheers,

Dave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Course - Let's have your input !   Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Dave ,had a look at this today and thought it would be a great idea ,i think it could only be good for the club to have people clued up on coaching.The only bit
i didnt like was where it mention,s running for cyclists............why run when youve got a bike!!........i must admit i did try it once but it knackered my shoeplates Wink

cheers peter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greatshepini
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Course - Let's have your input !   Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Dave,
I'm one of your second claim RAF members. Just to let u know i am currently in the middle of my level 2 BC coaching, done days 1 & 2 have day 3 in April, then doing the track DSU the following week. I spoke to Allan before xmas and was going to bring it up at the next meeting, however i think it was cancelled cos of the snow and i was down at Newport for the Jan one. I WILL be there for the Feb one. I hope i can be of help in the future, especially when glasgow opens!

Shep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaveP
DaveP

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Course - Let's have your input !   Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks for your input guys... Be interested to chat to you about that Shep - We're you RAF Funded for the course ?

Cheers,

Dave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
greatshepini
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Course - Let's have your input !   Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 am

Part RAF, part myself funded. I'll be at the summer league night if your kicking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Course - Let's have your input !   Coaching Course - Let's have your input ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coaching Course - Let's have your input !
Page 1 of 1