Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Cairngorm Challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan White
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Cairngorm Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Cairngorm Challenge   Cairngorm Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 am

Five Forres CC riders and Ivan Laughton (Hon member) had entered the two day sportive 20 and 21 Sep. Moraig, Doug, Jim and Ivan all got round in good order with Jim always close to the head of the field and Moraig beating more of the men than men beat her. Doug, not satisfied with climbing the Corriegarth climb once rode back down to check on what was taking me so long! Good one Doug. Ivan, on his second successful Cairngorm Sportive always looked good. The Saturday night 'crack' at Ballater was great and the whole party had a hoot!

A special thanks go to "Peter the Tandem" who was forced to pull out because of illness but who acted as support on the road and provided us with great entertainment on the Suturday night. His words of encouragement throughout the two day run were inpirational.

All should try this event next year. well organised and a real challenge.

Me, well twice is enough!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

Cairngorm Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cairngorm Challenge   Cairngorm Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:19 pm

True enough, Alan. It was a great weekend. I must say, though, that 120 miles in one day is quite enough - I don't think I would fancy doing much more. Surprisingly, the legs are only slightly sore today.

Must thank Peter for his impulse purchase of the tandem in Ballater. The kids spent Sunday morning terrorising the bemused locals by holding a 2 hour crit round the town square. By the way, I think you should give the brakes a wee bit of attention - they had a couple of near misses on junctions when the bike refused to stop!

Moraig.

A really fun weekend - even if I was only driving one of the support vans. Great banter and lots of memorable incidents, most of those involving a certain tandem!

Peter - you're a true comedian! I never thought that re-joining a broken chain could provide four blokes with so much hilarity. Surely this weekend was a highlight of the 2008 cycling season.

Norrie
Laughing
Back to top Go down

Cairngorm Challenge
Page 1 of 1