Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

CYCLE PATH USAGE!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

CYCLE PATH USAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: CYCLE PATH USAGE!!!   CYCLE PATH USAGE!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:25 am

Hi folks, after another verbal from an irate member of the public driving a Maynes of Buckie coach tried to kill me deliberately today then tried to punch me as he waited near to the bus stop in kinloss, for causing him to have to wait behind me as he couldnt overtake! I thought back to Moraigs reply to a similar point brought up I think last year,
so after a bit of tinternet action I finally found some legislation from the department of/for transport, see the link

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/archive/2004/ltnwc/annexdcodeofconductnoticefor1688

What it boils down to is that 8mph is what is considered acceptable, and if riding at 18mph or above you should be on the road!!

Matt

(Then again it could be that he just didnt like me! which is fair!)

Last edited by NOOKIE on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spulling)
Back to top Go down
Broch Branch
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: RETRIBUTION   CYCLE PATH USAGE!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Matt,
May i suggest that you phone Maynes and report the driver to management(if you get no joy-ask the manager if he has kids,and would he like them to be treated like that on the road). DON'T LET HIM OFF WITH IT!

C U THURS,
PETE.x
Back to top Go down
http://linda@balfourbudge.co.uk
Oldcroc
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: CYCLE PATH USAGE!!!   CYCLE PATH USAGE!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:10 pm

agree with above - a phone call to bus company would get message across to driver AND all his colleagues.
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

PostSubject: Re: CYCLE PATH USAGE!!!   CYCLE PATH USAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 am

:cheers:Hi All, From the club meeting last night, the secretary has been instructed to write to Maynes and complain about the drivers conduct. Regards El Presidentie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CYCLE PATH USAGE!!!   CYCLE PATH USAGE!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CYCLE PATH USAGE!!!
Page 1 of 1