Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Midweek summer roseisle

Go down 
+5
GORDON MCGILLIVRAY
craig_1985
sandy_fraser
porkiemark2
peter ettles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Midweek summer roseisle Empty
PostSubject: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 am

as the racing season starts, the saturday morning roseisle ride falls away as everybody commits to races and summer weekend activities etc.

There was some interest in starting a midweek ride through the summer so everyone can meet up for a good social and good training ride, without the stress of actually being at a race. id like to find out offically how much interest there would be? and also what day and time suits?

is Wednesday at 7pm any use?
It was also suggested that we have some little ring only nights to make sure everyone gets a decent work out, we cld do this, aswell as some APR type evenings which would add a good mock race feel.
wednesday the 1st of may could be the first one if we had the numbers?

All views welcome
Peter Jnr
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

PostSubject: mid week roseile   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 am

cheers Sounds good Young Pete, Im sure Jack an Victor would be up for it.
Back to top Go down
sandy_fraser
King Of The Mountains
King Of The Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 am

Hi Peter,

I'll be happy to make up the numbers when I'm at home.

Wed 7pm sound fine to me and I should be available on 1st May, since I'm due away the next day.
Back to top Go down
craig_1985
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 am

Sounds good Peter.
Back to top Go down
GORDON MCGILLIVRAY
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: midd week run   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:47 am

sounds good,wed ok for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 pm

It's a cracking idea, inverness are out regular and have a chaingang out every Thursday night which I'm going through to the morn everywhere else has chaingang out.can't see why we Canna manage it just need feedback on best night and time can I suggest that we cut the lap distance which would keep more folk involved and keep folk interested and the pace going!

Back to top Go down
Scott Grant
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

Yep sounds good, would try to get down
Back to top Go down
sandy_fraser
King Of The Mountains
King Of The Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:01 am

Is this a go-er tonight Question

(I don't know if I'll make it yet, but it'd be good to know)
Back to top Go down
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi Sandy, apoligies for not responding to this sooner.

the ride this past wednesday never took place.

im unsure when to make the start date for the first meeting, this coming wednesday (8thmay) there will be forres riders in stirling for a 10tt, the following wednesday (15thmay) there is a 10tt at ross-shire which i presume will have local entries.
so for the next 2 weeks i cant see there being numbers to make it work on wednesday.

We could move the roseisle day to tuesday for the next 2 weeks? i don't want to overplan this to much, once we get into the swing of doing it with regular midweek riders we will be fine. we could leave it for another couple of weeks? tuesday people have "tuesday league" commitments, wednesday there is the races that i discussed, that leaves thursday. which for this week atleast is pretty close to the scu 10 champs.

peter jnr
Back to top Go down
KevanS
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:27 am

I'm up for this too and Wednesday OK.
Back to top Go down
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:40 am

the first midweek roseisle will be WEDNESDAY 22nd MAY 7PM CROSSROADS
peter jnr
Back to top Go down
kevl
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:23 am

I'll be up for it when work permits. Can't manage the 22nd but good luck. Kevin l
Back to top Go down
confusedMTBer
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:23 am

peter ettles wrote:
the first midweek roseisle will be WEDNESDAY 22nd MAY 7PM CROSSROADS
peter jnr

Is this going ahead this week? I might pop along and introduce myself if that's ok?
Back to top Go down
sandy_fraser
King Of The Mountains
King Of The Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:59 am

Is this still planned for this Wed night Question
Back to top Go down
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:57 pm

yes i will be there, weather permitting.rain showers = still on. pissing it down steady = no go.
peter jnr
Back to top Go down
confusedMTBer
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:22 pm

When you say "crossroads", do you mean the crossroads in the middle of Roseisle village? on the B9013?
Back to top Go down
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:51 am

yeah, but about 50 metres in the kinloss direction, there is a big layby.

Unfortunatly, i have woken up this morning to not being very well Sad so i don't think ill make it as i dont want to make myself worse, or pass on anything to anyone else.
i honestly dont know what to advise for this evening, i was planning just turning up and seing who was there, as initial interest was good, but ive only heard back from 3 people since posting about the 22nd start date, and 1 was confirming they cldnt make it.
Peter jnr
Back to top Go down
sandy_fraser
King Of The Mountains
King Of The Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:39 am

Was planning heading through the night but got a do-in off Geordie, Peter & Bob on the road to Nairn this morning, then used the night as an excuse to drop oot after the hailstone shower so winna be too sorry if it's cancelled. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KevanS
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:32 am

Are we on for tonight?
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:09 am

cheers Hi Kevan, a few of us are at the Garve 2 up tonight so wont be there, but maybe some of the rest will be.
Back to top Go down
KevanS
Peleton
Peleton

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks Peter, Kenny and I will head down in any case
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midweek summer roseisle   Midweek summer roseisle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midweek summer roseisle
Page 1 of 1