Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Night time riding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: Night time riding   Night time riding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:43 am

anyone interested in riding at night? sometimes the turbo or rollers isnt the most fun activity. I used to go out for an hour at about half 6 once the traffic had calmed down, obviously that time is flexable. theres a good circuit from the club, castle street,swimming pool and round by the british legion. its a mile long. fairly easy to add sprints in for the zebra crossing to keep some fun in. would be gd to get a few folk out though, anyone interested?

Peter
Jnr
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: Night time   Night time riding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:44 am

It would get me out of the garage and Im bored with watching my TDF dvd on my Turbo
Back to top Go down
hamish
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: night time rides   Night time riding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:57 am

I would be interested as a change from turbos.
Back to top Go down

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night time riding   Night time riding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Aye good idea if i dont get out through the day i go out at night. Why not sort it out Sat in view to starting next week.
Callum
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: Possible additional area   Night time riding Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:59 am

The South side Married quarters are empty and they are all fully lit with street lights and no traffic, it might be worth having a look to see if laps of that could work too, Matt
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night time riding   Night time riding Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:29 am

I cycle up to Findhorn most evenings from Forres x2 circuits.

Over the footbridge from Forres, then on the cyclepath the rest of the way, a loop of the village, back to Forres and repeat.

I'm on the mountain bike though with 1.5 slicks - as the path has bits of debris in places and you need some half decent lights, as it's very dark Shocked

If anyone wants to join me - feel free to give me a shout.

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Sponsored content

Night time riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night time riding   Night time riding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night time riding
Page 1 of 1