Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Loch Romich Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Loch Romich Review Empty
PostSubject: Loch Romich Review   Loch Romich Review Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:20 pm

What a night! No Rain, No Wind perfect conditions for a run on the Mountain Bikes.
7.00pm sharp and with high spirts the four of us (Jim, Nick,Dave and Myself)set of for Loch Romich a favorit run in the summer time for bikers, but how would it be in the dark.
Heading up the Dava Way to start we met in with a lone Mtb'er called John brief introductions then of we ventured on forestry tracks for several miles of climbing before the high speed drop down to Loch Romich.
A quick comfort stop which caused some confussion amongst the younger riders!
and back to climbing again the long climb up from the loch was only sweetend by the fact that there was a 3 mile descent back to down to the dava way.
The descent was something else 35plus mph in the dark on a loose surface the words exhilarating and stone mad come to mind back on to the Dava back into the big gear and flat out all the way back to the club house.
2 hours of great fun great riding and as always great crack,
Next week we will be out again but where keep an eye on the forum to find out.

Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
nicknackmcnoo
Peleton
Peleton

Loch Romich Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loch Romich Review   Loch Romich Review Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Can only agree with what's already been written. Great night, bit of a work out, different for everyone there. It's great to get out and ride, and it's even better in the dark, thanks gents, great evening. On a personal note, I made a few minor mistakes....
1. Swapped bikes just before we went out to one I hadn't ridden in 2 years
2. Didn't tell the wife that I'd be out for more than an hour.
3. Didn't answer the phone the first time she rang me
4. Answered the phone the next time she rang me.
5. Got home, stayed for 30 mins and then went to the pub.

So, lessons learnt... must remember to let her know next time....

And big Jim, competitive as ever - don't ever change boyo!!
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

Loch Romich Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loch Romich Review   Loch Romich Review Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:24 am

Great run out last night, welcome aboard John - Even if you did have to wait for me on the up-hills, with my 3 tonne bike !

Good descent down from the Loch - we'd have got another good one in too if we'd have gone the right way Laughing

Looking forward to next week - Everyone's welcome !

Dave.

PS ScottUSA I think you should give up the numbers game and write reports on a full time basis - if only it paid the rent Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

Loch Romich Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loch Romich Review   Loch Romich Review Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:02 am

Great night out and company better than ever. I had a brilliant evening but trying to keep up with Ivan, in the big ring, on the way home was something else. The cold weather does play havic with the waterworks of the older gents among us. I vote we club together and buy Ivan a shepee. Dave needs to slim down the weight of his bike for next trip but made up for this extra weight on the way down. Nicks domestics proved great entertainment for all and for a boy who doesn't cycle much is worth looking out for. Trains secretely me thinks !!!. And new member John let nothing get in his way uphill, downhill all a piece of cake. Maybe because he's the baby of the group. long trousers next time Nutter. As for me I was knackered but very happy after 3 hours. Must take car into Forres next time.
See y'all soon. JIM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loch Romich Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loch Romich Review   Loch Romich Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loch Romich Review
Page 1 of 1