Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Thurs Kings Stumps in the dark

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Thurs Kings Stumps in the dark Empty
PostSubject: Thurs Kings Stumps in the dark   Thurs Kings Stumps in the dark Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Folks

As the title says it was Thurs night and off to the Culbin for a Run around the Kings Stumps tracks.
Meeting up with Jim and Nick at Cloddy moss at 7.00pm I was a few minutes early and couldnt believe the sight coming down the road was it the spolight on a search and rescue helicopter no it was Nicks new Lights enough power in them to warrant a letter of complaint from the Dark Sky Society.
Nick assured me they were only on half power! and also informed me to look out as this was jim's home turf so we would be in fo a hard time.

How difficult can it be to nip down a few tracks no hills to contend with no rain and no mud so should be no problems.
Well it was jims home patch and we werent going to get of lightly Outward leg towards nairn very fast on firetracks and just for good measure a Water bath keep pedalling here was the order of the day all riders through succsefully and on to the single track.
Now if ever there was a need for a bit of tree felling it was on theese tracks as the distance between trees was very narrow Jim and Nick flew through theese sections I strugled took a few wrong turns and eventually ended up in a sand pit (Bucket and Spade next time).
No damage though and of again this time the trees had been thinned out leaving a lot of tree stumps partly hidden theese certainly had to be avoided which I mostly managed until guess what while avoiding the tree stump I didnt notice another sand pit off again.

Heading back out of the forrest Nick showed us an interesting feature of his new light, In flash mode it flashes S-O-S, this is all very impressive untill we realised it was in Korean!

Dropped Jim at his place and myself and Nick took a wee detour through Brodie Castle on the route back quite impressive in the dark,Make good Club rooms i thought.

Back home after 2 hours hard riding my legs certainly felt that one but most enjoyable.

Next week Nick is the navigator deciding the routes so it will be a cracker.

Happy trails
scottusa
Back to top Go down

Thurs Kings Stumps in the dark
Page 1 of 1