Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

A Good Day Out!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan White
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: A Good Day Out!   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:40 am

Not a breath of wind and warm and sunny with three groups meeting at Broadley for tea and sticky buns! Now that is a good day out.
Congratulations to Emma Finlayson and Mary MacLean on completing their first club run in good shape, it was Mary's first run over 4 miles so 14 miles was pretty darned good. Interestingly, Laura and Jamie arrived looking completely unruffled, whilst their companions for the ride, old uns, Peter and Ivan, looked completely strung out!!
Does anyone else think we should have asked Broadley to be a club sponsor?

See you all soon
cheers
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: Junior Run   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:45 am

Its not often this last while that I have been able to get out on a Sat morning due to work however when the Air temp is above your cruising speed then its a day to good to miss.
There was that many people ready and waiting at the club at 9.30 you would have thought it was the grand depart of the tour, Peter R and myself gathered the juniors Laura and Jamie and of we set westward bound, bit of a organisation at the top of the Findhorn Bridge and of we set to Nairn 2 groups of 2 riders the idea beilng for the young guns to sprint between the gaps. Both Laura and Jamie completed this with ease and we reached Nairn in good time.
Out through the back of Nairn and a Quick loop round Lower Carse doing through and off Pace kept very steady to start but once everybody got in to the grove the pace was pretty good arriving at Delnies in good form figured it was time to see how the young guns would perform as a team.
Short Briefing of the task Laura and Jamie would work together using all they techniques they had learnt and see if they could beat Peter and me to Broadley.
I forgot we were going to give the a 3 minute start I looked at Peter after a 1min 30 and we both came to the same conclusion we were in troble and better get moving prompto.
Off we set they were long gone we hadn't given them enough credit however Peter did a grand job of towing me along and after a wee while we could see them but the gap wasnt getting any smaller, pace upped again and heading towards the Junction of the road to Broadly it was clear to me that peter would catch them before Broadley I resigned myself to buying the cakes.
The rumours going round that at broadly that the Young guns had edge were simply not true Mysel and Peter were held up by severel strange events not least of all the Fire Engine which Sprayed us with water making us look all sweaty,an Irish fortune teller she told peter if he hurried he would catch them up, and last but by know means least a big white Rabbit.
Anyway Cakes at Broadly were good I had a Date Slice perfect, Wasnt my day on the road back a big seagull dropped it stomach on my helmet and to top it all off big Petee got the Temp and Speed mixed up for the run into forres 25mph 30deg I requested he went 30mph and 25 deg oh well.
Everybody back safely and a great day out was had by all.

Happy peddling
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Day Out!   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Very Happy Totaly agree with Ivan, more of the same please, without the 1.5 min chase to get back on.
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: Junior Run   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:04 pm

No worries Peter I have a cunning Plan for those Pesky Juniors and soon we will control the peleton again!

Sottusa
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Day Out!   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Wink Your the man Ivan.
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: Splendid day out   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:56 pm

Great day, especially when arriving at the club I was worried that the few drops of rain were a sign of things to come! So 3 groups out! And strawberries with cream what more could you want! More of the same please!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Good Day Out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Day Out!   A Good Day Out! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Good Day Out!
Page 1 of 1