Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Thurs Night Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Thurs Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Thurs Night Review   Thurs Night Review Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Only 2 riders out this week, for what was the warmest night so far an Afternoon of rain had made for some great opurtunities to get muddy.

Leaving the clubrooms at 7.00pm myself and Dave set of for the Sanquhar track to get warmed up and then on to new tracks that Dave had done a reccie on earlier.
Sanquhar tracks are just brilliant in the dark especially on the Orange trails which have been very much and reward all out attack.
Onto Daves tracks first of all down a 20 foot high embankment Dave said I could ride or walk down,some choice a Parachute would have been more apropriate how you cycled down that dave was beyond belief.
Undaunted of to the tracks the rain had made these very muddy in places but this didnt prevent giving the Iron Horse full gas through them, one or two water holes were upto the axles and these made for a bit of excitment trying not to stop in the middle of them. I recognised part of the route as we were going around Blairs Loch I usualy ride this from the opposite direction but really enjoyed it this way,
Back to sanquhar for a flat out blast on the tracks this time dave took the lead getting good air of some of the jumps and showed his class on some of the more technical parts.
After finishingf the lap alas it was time to head back to town and back home.
Another most enjoyable nights mountain biking, many thanks dave.

Roll on next week
Happy pedalling
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

Thurs Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Ivan Upon An Iron Horse...   Thurs Night Review Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Iron Horse, eh?

Is this the latest addition to the, er, 'stable', then?

Very Happy

Mr. Norrie.
Back to top Go down
Alan White
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Thurs Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Night Riding   Thurs Night Review Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 am

You're both stone mad!!!!
Alan
affraid
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Thurs Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Iron Horse   Thurs Night Review Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:23 am

Should have clarified that point in the review as it is Dave who has the Iron Horse,
My new machine will be home soon.You will have to be patient!

As for mad well probably.

Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

Thurs Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurs Night Review   Thurs Night Review Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 am

Great night out Ivan - Many Thanks Very Happy

Afterwards, I had to stand outside whilst my wife hosed me down in the garden (Some of you might like that sort of thing Shocked but not really recommended on a wet November evening, whilst trying to remove mud from yourself and the bike).

Overall a great route and a really enjoyable ride out - Hope I can keep up when your new bike arrives.

Many thanks

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Sponsored content

Thurs Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurs Night Review   Thurs Night Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thurs Night Review
Page 1 of 1