Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveP
DaveP

Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Empty
PostSubject: Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.   Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:16 am

The new MTB circuit in Sanquhar Woods officially opens this Saturday 11 October, with stalls & events, etc... For anyone who fancies a bit of cross training.

The blue circular circuit is completed easyily enough in around 10-15 minutes and is nicely routed and pretty free-flowing throughout. The optional red section has a rock garden and some technical bits. It also has an orange graded jump park and some larger orange graded drop-off's.

I managed to go straight over the handlebars whilst attempting these, smashed my helmet, cut my chin, chest and legs - great fun Shocked !

Well worth a look if you fancy a quick blast around the woods, or if you've got kids with mountain bikes. Very Happy

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Lobster
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.   Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm passing through tomorrow on my way back from working in Elgin, and was wondering about taking my x bike round the Sanquhar woods course. Can you get there from the big park where the xc are run from, or do you have to go in from Sanquhar Drive direction?

Any directions much appreciated,

Cheers,

Mari
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

PostSubject: Re: Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.   Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 am

The easiet way to get there is by going up the A940 Grantown Road from Forres town centre.

Take a left up Mannachie Road, follow the road up for 3/4 of a mile and take your first left after Mannachie Avenue, this crosses the Dava way, and the course can be found on your left, about 400 yards down this track.

Hope this helps you.

Dave. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Lobster
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.   Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:52 am

Thanks,

Mari
Back to top Go down
Lobster
Sunday Cyclist
Sunday Cyclist

PostSubject: Re: Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.   Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Hurray,

your new cycling track is fab!!

What fun scooting about those woods!

Special thanks to the Gunn's for letting me get changed at their house.

See you all soon,

Mari
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.   Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanquhar Woods - MTB Course Opening.
Page 1 of 1