Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Sanquhar in the Dark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Sanquhar in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Sanquhar in the Dark   Sanquhar in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Thursday night and the Sanquhar Forest Tracks are the target with the spirits still high from last weeks culbin run three of us Jim, Nick and My good self met up at the club rooms at 7.30, Jim cycled in and was already warmed up no hold up and we're of to Sanquhar.
As requested by Jim the rain arrived bang on time and it was full speed around the track nearly coming a cropper on a hidden dip all I could hear was jim laughing still I stayed on the bike and led on to the next technical section, flat out and failed to negotiate a right turn luckily jim and nick spotted this and we were soon of down the right track again.
With jim on the front the pace was high going down through the Orange technical route this section was really enjoyable then Nick decided we should do a section of the red track well this worked better than I thought and we were back to the start again.
Off for the second lap somehow myself and Nick took different routes but ended up at the finish at the same time, Sanquhar tracks are a great facility and we certainly enjoyed them on the route back we came up through Chapleton and took a wee spin over the Muiry wood to the back off Forbes hill these tracks demand quite a bit of skill as they are not wide and quite rutted,from there over the tracks past nelsons tower and back to the club house.

A really enjoyable run roll on next week.

Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
nicknackmcnoo
Peleton
Peleton

Sanquhar in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanquhar in the Dark   Sanquhar in the Dark Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks for more of the same high quality entertainment gents - and that's not including the cycling either. Watching the lights bobbing around in the dark, watching the rain reflecting off the beam and then not being able to see, what more could you want late at night?

Where next? I reckon a day time recce of Nelson's Tower paths with a plan to blast at night could by on the cards soon, as well as a run up into big boy's territory - Darnaway at night - now that's serious stuff....
Back to top Go down

Sanquhar in the Dark
Page 1 of 1