Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Forres Gazette 28 Jan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

Forres Gazette 28 Jan Empty
PostSubject: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:28 am

This letter to the Gazette is very interesting!
"Cyclists insist on using roads, Sir, - as the local council has gone to considerable expense and we have put up withconsiderable distruption whilst works have been carried out to provide a safe network of cycle paths between Forres, Kinloss and Findhorn, why do so many people still insist upon cycling along these narrow roads?
If these people were to use the safe cycle paths then they wouldn't have to make offensive gestures towards motorists who are forced to drive too close to these inconsiderate cyclists.
i have noticed that in the main, the culprits are the lycra-clad racing bike owner brigade. Do they think they are too good to use our cycle tracks?"

What about that!!!!.

Anyone have a good enough grasp on the english languge to reply to the Gazette as my reply would be short and consist of 2 words, Matt
Back to top Go down
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

PostSubject: Re: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 am

What happens when 6 or more 'roadies' travelling at 20 mph (apart from Matt ) come across a pedestrian on the path??? I'm sure this poses a bigger risk.
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

PostSubject: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:09 am

Sorry for going that little bit faster!!!
Back to top Go down
peter ettles
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:53 am

Morag has already done replied, its in this weeks gazette.Pretty bloody good it is too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

PostSubject: Forres Gazette   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Ah not seen it yet I'll be having a look on net now
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

PostSubject: Forres Gazette   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:21 pm

A reply has been sent!

Shame on thoughtless motorists
Published: 04 February, 2009

Sir, – Your anonymous correspondent (letters, January 28 – "Cyclists insist on using road") concludes his letter with a question - "do these riders think they are too good for the cycle paths?" – which I answer with one word – yes!

Morag, if you read this, your good, I needed 2 words, Brilliant, Matt
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

PostSubject: Re: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks for your approval. After I wrote it I wondered if I should have mentioned the cycle club or not so I am glad you liked it.

Moraig. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

PostSubject: Re: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 am

Great letter Morag Very Happy !

For those who did not buy a Gazette - here's the link to it.

Shame On Thoughtless Motorists

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forres Gazette 28 Jan   Forres Gazette 28 Jan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forres Gazette 28 Jan
Page 1 of 1