Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Bambies LEJOG Trip

Go down 
+2
Mad Mo
DaveP
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveP
DaveP

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:35 am

Iain has asked me to convey his text messages to the club, as he makes his way up to John O'Groats from Lands End......!

"Arrived Lands End Sat morning 4am - Long Drive, very tired. Dropped van off at 09.00am, set off at 11.00am, got to Redruth and set up camp.

Sunday away at 8.00am - long cycle - big hills !!! Camped at Oakhampton.

Monday set off at 8.00am to Exeter, Kerry had a really bad fall in traffic, so called it a day there. She's very bruised, a great black eye and very sore. Give her due she got on her bike this morning and cycled out of Exeter and we're now in Bridgewater. She is a real trooper and won't give up !

Taking two shorter days until Kerry back to full strength. Oh an I'm fine !"
Back to top Go down
http://www.forresctclingclub.co.uk
DaveP
DaveP

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 am

Update.... Kerry better, just still stiff & sore. Gloucester last night and Kidderminster tonight.

My chain snapped today and took off my rear mech and three spokes ! So held us up for 3 hours !! This of course was my fault in Kerry's eyes Crying or Very sad Along with the fact that Tesco's Jelly Babies that I bought have less red ones than Basset's.

One third of the way there so can only get better - Derby tomorrow !

Last edited by Administrator on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:29 am

Update - In Derby and just had tea. Was a good day apart from me fainting in Waitrose and paying £10.80 for two bowls of soup !

Kerry brought me round with two yellow Jelly Babies !! She says they are better for me than red ones Question And the woman at Wairose just looked at us when we asked if they had any 'value' toothpaste - And she didn't like my Scottish £20.00 note. That storew ill never make it in Scotland !

Off to Doncaster tomorrow- God I miss Tesco's ! Kerry's fine and not really sore and did really well in heavy traffic through Birmingham.

x
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 am

Update ! Been through Doncaster and then York - Day off there and then went all the way north to Newcastle.

Kerry asked me tonight if I was dehydrated - I asked her how I would know ? She informed me my pee would be dark - I told her I hadn't noticed as I'd gone in the shower whilst washing my clothes at the same time Shocked That didn't go down too well !

Roads very busy today and Kerry did well, just stuck to my back wheel like glue, even when we were in lane 1 of 5 and had to get into lane 3. Aiming for another 100 miles today and will be back in Scotland Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaveP
DaveP

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 am

Well after 14 days cycling, 9 punctures, 2 chains, 2 mechs, 1 derailer, 7 spokes, 3 hours in a&e , new change of bike in Inverness, crap map reading & getting loste every day in england.......

Kerry & Iain cycled from Lands end to John O'Groats and finished Monday at 2.00pm. Very Happy

Just for me to say thanks to everyone who helped and suported us on our way - And lastly a big thanks to Kerry for coming with me on this trip, none of which would have been possible withoutout her stregnth, courage will-power and guts !

Iain
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:44 am

Congratulations! Well done for keeping going in trying circumstances. The good book says 'perseverence produces character'! I've been reading all your updates and deciding that,when I had an idea to do the route a few years ago and then thought better of it, it was probably a wise decision.

Enjoy a good rest.

Moraig.
Back to top Go down
hamish
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: end to end   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Well done both of you it certainly wasn't without a great deal of effort and unfortunate ordeals.

I had one puncture on the ETE of Ireland and was miffed at that. Don't think I would have coped with what you went through.
Back to top Go down
Alan White
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: LEJOG   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 am

Well done to Iain and Kerry. A magnificent effort, particularly since I know just how much weight Iain was carrying/pulling!!! It should make 25TTing a peice of cake after that!!!!
Alan
cheers
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Peleton
Peleton

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 am

Yes well done Iain and Kerry for sticking in there and completing!
I must admit to doubting your sanity when I saw you towing your trailer around the Tuesday league course.
Very impressed!

Nigel
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Bambies End to END   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Very Happy Well done Ian and Kerry, My admiration for both of you. Peter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bambies LEJOG Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bambies LEJOG Trip   Bambies LEJOG Trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bambies LEJOG Trip
Page 1 of 1