Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Culbin Chaos again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Culbin Chaos again Empty
PostSubject: Culbin Chaos again   Culbin Chaos again Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Thurs 10th dec time 7.00pm Location Culbin Forest- Route A Cracker

A Clear night with crisp ground frost made for pretty near perfect riding conditions meeting up at the wellhill carpark for 7.00 with Nick and Myself were 2 new riders Andy and Trevor a quick loop of Hill 99 to get things underway and then Nick assurred us he had a wee treat in store for us.(I thought mince pies maybee even xmas cake)
After Hill 99 which is always a real hoot in the dark Trevor departed suffering from the cold hopefully he will be fit and well for another week.
Nick led the way up to a place he called Binsness where he assured us he had spent all week camped out to protect the tracks he had found (now thats dedication) and boy were they worth protecting superb single tracks up the dunes then 35-50ft almost sheer drops to be taken at full speed off the top after several goes the speed of the top was just crazy.No major spills this time although Nicks last minute manouver to miss a tree stump would have earned 10 points in strictly come dancing!
All to soon it was time to head for back and another night of Culbin chaos came to an end what a night best route to date.
And Well done Andy on cracking ride hopefully we will see you back again for more.

Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
Mad Mo
Green Jersey
Green Jersey
Mad Mo

Culbin Chaos again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culbin Chaos again   Culbin Chaos again Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Ah, yes. Lewis and I have spent some happy hours on those dunes - though not in the dark yet. I like the way someone has left their mangled bike as a warning for all future visitors!
Back to top Go down
nicknackmcnoo
Peleton
Peleton

Culbin Chaos again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culbin Chaos again   Culbin Chaos again Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 am

Mr ScottUSA, you're in the wrong job, you should be an adventure writer.... I have to admit that it was a good night out. Shame to see Trev leave early, but he wasn't looking too good before we started cycling, (although he never looks too good....) An early climb up Hill 99 was probably a bit too much for the muscle man - anyway, I hope you can join us again Trev. All I remember of the next bit to the 'hillies' was it was like riding in a freezer, the faster you went the more you generated heat, but the faster the wind went...
Anyway, the hillies proved to be a good testing ground for steep climbs (a lot of puffing heard) and some fast descents in the dark (a lot of whoooooping heard). All back home safely, although after Ivan left, Andy decided to pick up the pace on the road, which was all I needed !! Good night out men, stand easy.
Back to top Go down
scottusa
Green Jersey
Green Jersey

Culbin Chaos again Empty
PostSubject: Culbin Choas   Culbin Chaos again Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Nick

Went out on friday too see where we had been in the dark pretty impressive hills indeed.
Not sure of a plan for next week as there is a few guys with xmas commitments etc
If the guys who are available can post a reply on the forum of thier intentions to ride and if they have a good course we get something organised for either weds or thurs.

Best Regards
Scottusa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Culbin Chaos again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culbin Chaos again   Culbin Chaos again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Culbin Chaos again
Page 1 of 1