Forres Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forres Cycling Club

Welcome to the Forres Cycling Club Forum. The club was founded in 1938 and is affiliated to the Scottish Cycling Union and the North Of Scotland Cycling Association

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Roseisle Runs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cavegirl
Peleton
Peleton

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 am

On previous occasions when I've joined the Saturday Roseisle ride we have set off in an orderly crocodile peleton and duly taken our turns at the front (as pairs) before peeling off and taking a rest 'in the wheels' whilst others do turns. The stronger riders have taken more and/or longer turns on the front and gradually some of the less powerful riders are blown out the back.

Seems to me this is a good speed interval training session for all concerned. On the second lap it used to get faster and faster and you would drop off the group as and when if you hadn't already beend dropped on the first long drag on the first lap.

The 'rules' have clearly changed! Today was not even a thinly disguised all out race, it was every man for himself as fast as possible. I fail to see the training benefit from this in mid January!

Oh well, I shall carry on with my controlled short high interval turbo training and getting out on the roads on my own at a pace suitable for mid January and the road conditions.

Shame because that session used to be excellent.
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Saturday!   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:50 am

Hi, I wasn't at the ride on Saturday as I had a recoveryday, As club Captain I find myself in the position of water smoother/stirrer up sometimes, Whilst I understand where you are coming from I do have to make a small comment to try and make things clearer.

The APR route training is the route where we get together with other riders from other clubs mainly Elgin, and use each others experiance and fitness to bring each other on in a not full out vein bursting elbows out style that we would be riding against the same people in 8 weeks or so, However these sessions are not the sunday club run either!

Last year was also my first experiance of these runs out! The first lap was Fast but the second was almost flat out, but I can remember people being spat out on lap 1 and on occasion I had to cut through duffus to get on the back when the train came through again!

This Saturday I hear was High paced from the off! so without wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs, if people struggle to stay on the wheel, it could be possible if numbers to allow to have a second group, or if not use a cut through to get back on!

It is still early and a fair bit of training time is infront of us before the numbers get pinned on! so basically what I'm trying to say is, dont give in so early give it another go! as Im sure others felt the same! and for the biggest cliche of them all

No Pain No Gain!

MATT cyclops
Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:01 am

cheers I must agree with Matt on this one, as George and I usually take the short cut on the first lap. It is really good for bringing your speed and edurance on.
Back to top Go down
Cavegirl
Peleton
Peleton

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 am

It was split into a group of four (including me) and then the others waited (talk of 4 minutes - but probably just as long as it took them to ensure everyone had arrived).

With only four, through and off gives no time in the wheels! In line with my previous experiences of this ride I was hoping to hang in till we turned at Lossiemouth. As it was with just four sharing the load I was never likely to be able to hence my decision to do my own thing. The group that came past me was all over the place with one off the front acting as a rabbit!

Hopefully no one is going to come acropper riding like that on that route because the road surface is very poor, particularly the Duffus to Lossie section alongside the airfield.

My training is structured and this doesn't fit, which is fine, but going eye balls out for 90 minutes wouldn't be my idea of 'intelligent' training in January LOL! But, it is horses for courses, and of course my brain resides in my head!
Back to top Go down
NOOKIE
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
NOOKIE

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Saturday   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 am

Well, its obvious something has got to you! but as I say dont give up and try next week, when hopefully more are there! Also remember people are at different stages of their prep, and I also have my own training to stick to but I do intend being there next weekend!
so we'll see Then!
Also
"and of course my brain resides in my head!"where is my brain then?
Remember Cave Girl We are meant to be a freindly club!!
Matt
Back to top Go down
Cavegirl
Peleton
Peleton

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:24 am

Indeed we are friendly! You clearly don't 'hear' my wry sense of humour in type!

Rest assured I will not be back LOL! Yesterday's fuel was pure testosterone Twisted Evil

I really posted the thread so people know what to expect as it was quite different from when I'd ridden before, also as a pointer that the route in parts isn't ideal for eye balls out racing (it's my backyard and that airfield section is very poor; I know all the potholes!).

Back to top Go down

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:23 pm

The training is a bit full on for January I think everyone with a Clue will agree!
However as a vehicle for training
its ideal,it needs tweaked yes, but a wee chat before next kick off and it can be put right.
If you pop you cut across and get back on, train harder and hopefully the following week you will learn and last a wee bit longer til you get round the two laps. Bottom line is if you pop you have achieved your aim and carried out a worthwhile session!
Back to top Go down
Cavegirl
Peleton
Peleton

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm following a rather different style of training (and nutrition for that matter!) from the rest of the peleton!

We'll see how my times look come TT season and if anyone's interested I'll explain how I did it!

Back to top Go down
Matt
Peleton
Peleton

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Fun   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:58 am

This all sounds a bit heavy. Personally, I'm a much happier cyclist since I sold my turbo trainer, starting watching MTV into the small hours, drinking more booze, eating lots of cake and not riding my bike for a few months. Take it too seriously and you'll end up like Lance or Floyd. Wink . As Mike Sinyard said, "It's not about who's going the fastest, but who's having the most fun". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavegirl
Peleton
Peleton

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 am

Fun is one of my Laws these days ... hence no Roseisle rides for me Laughing

Back to top Go down
porkiemark2
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 am

Sleep I think its time to put this one to rest. To each his or her own, one mans meat is anothers poison and all that. If you dont like it dont do it. El Presidentie.
Back to top Go down
Roadie jim
Maillot Jaune
Maillot Jaune
Roadie jim

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 am

WHAT??? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roseisle Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roseisle Runs   Roseisle Runs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roseisle Runs
Page 1 of 1